Crisis Fuel Assistance
If you experience a home heating emergency during the winter months, we can support you.
If eligible, we may help you:
- Purchase the primary source of your heat (electricity, kerosene, natural gas, oil, propane, or wood)
- Purchase electricity if it is required to run your heating system
- Repair or replace your furnace
We can also help you negotiate payment plans and will work with your electric or natural gas company to prevent disconnection.
Who is eligible?
Your household income can be up to 200% of the federal poverty level.
Applications are accepted starting the last Monday in November of the year through the last Friday in April, depending on funding availability.
Crisis Fuel Assistance cannot help if the fuel has already been delivered or the furnace work has been completed, so do not wait until you have run out of fuel to apply.
Check your fuel often and call us when your:
- your fuel tank is a quarter full
- your propane tank is at 20%
- you have a weeks’ worth of wood or pellets left
- you have a current disconnect notice for your electric service or metered propane service