Weatherization Technician is a foundational role in energy efficiency contracting. Over 75% of the Capstone’s professional staff of Crew Leaders, Energy Auditors, Efficiency Coaches, Equipment Installers, Operations Supervisors and Program Managers started as Weatherization Technicians. The position includes full benefits with medical and dental plan, paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time. Performance incentives may supplement the hourly rate. Our crews work Monday – Thursday, 7:00am to 5:00pm, serving customers from Capstone’s Barre headquarters. Weatherization Technicians are members of the AFSCME bargaining unit. Women, minorities, veterans and persons from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Weatherization Technicians are expected to learn building science on the job, both through on-site mentoring and periodic training. Prior experience with power tools and residential construction is a plus. We seek dependable, career-oriented individuals with good problem solving skills and reliable transportation. The position involves general carpentry with an emphasis on weather-stripping, air sealing with foam and caulk products, and insulating with cellulose, spray foam and (very rarely) fiberglass. Additional work includes installation and repair of ventilation systems and heat pumps. In the first six months technicians will develop skills using diagnostic tools such as the blower door, infrared cameras and combustion safety equipment.
- DATES OF POSTING: 06/22/2022 - Open Until Filled updated
- NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Multiple
- POSITION: Weatherization Technician
- BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: Yes, Union Position (Union dues are currently $19.50 bi-weekly after successful completion of orientation period).
- LOCATIONS: Gable Place, Barre, VT
- PROGRAM: Weatherization
- SCHEDULE: Full Time, Regular, 40 hours a week
- CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (hourly)
- WAGE: $24.45 - $26 per hour
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
- LOCATION: Barre
Capstone Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org