Weatherization and Climate Impact Program Assistant
The Weatherization and Climate Impact Program Assistant is responsible to assist with the daily work of the Climate Impact Programs - 3EThermal, Weatherization, and MileageSmart. This position assures accurate and timely processing of the Department’s transactions, workflow and supports data analysis. The Weatherization and Climate Impact Program Assistant reports to the Weatherization Office/Program Manager and works closely with the clients, Weatherization and Climate Impact Director, Business Manager, 3E Thermal Program Manager, Operations team and vendors.
- Receives and follows up on inquiries to the program by phone, mail and walk-ins; maintains excellent relationships with statewide counterparts and partner agencies, and referral sources.
- Corresponds with clients to facilitate eligibility, evaluates client applications, inspects and interprets a variety of source documents, properly identifies, classifies and extracts includable income according to federal and state program guidelines,
- Creates and maintains client files in Hancock software system and 3EThermal database.
- Maintains orderly documentation and files
- Creates and maintains excel spreadsheets to track data and supports analysis.
- Performs quality control checks to office files to ensure completeness and compliance.
- In preparation of annual monitoring, assures that all completed client files include all the necessary and appropriate documentation in accordance with established program guidelines.
- Scans completed client files and maintains digital file storage system and databases.
- Maintains participant confidentiality
- Makes recommendations to improve process and impact outcomes while maintaining program integrity
- Represent the Weatherization and Climate Impact Department in AD-HOC Agency Committees
- Assist in organizing events and meetings
- Maintain adequate office supplies
- Maintain professional work environment
- Other Duties as assigned
- Associates degree or equivalent in business administration, financial management, or human services; B.A. or B.S. preferred, minimum of five years related work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of excel, word processing and data base computer operations
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the challenges faced by low-income individuals
- Ability to represent the agency, and to work as part of a team and under direction
- Ability to maintain a positive work environment
- Ability to maintain focus and productivity in an “open office” environment
- Ability to be flexible and to work independently
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles
- DATES OF POSTING: 4.19.22 – 4.27.22, Open Until Filled
- NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
- POSITION: Weatherization and Climate Impact Program Assistant
- BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: Yes
- LOCATIONS: Gable Place/Barre, VT
- PROGRAM: Weatherization
- SCHEDULE: Full Time, Regular, 40 hours a week
- CLASSIFICATION: Non - Exempt (hourly)
- WAGE: $16.91-$19.43
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
- LOCATION: Barre, Vermont
Capstone Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org