Guide to Access 3Squares Replacement Benefits

3SquaresVT households who have lost food due to recent flooding or power outages can apply for 3SquaresVT replacement benefits. Normally losses due to household misfortune like flooding or power outages must be requested within 10 days of the date of the disaster, or the date power is restored. That timeline has been extended for the July 2023 catastrophic flooding event in Vermont. 

Replacement requests can be submitted anytime through August 9, 2023.

People who are eligible for replacement benefits can receive up to a maximum of one monthly allotment of their 3SquaresVT benefit. Here is what you need to do to request 3SquaresVT replacement benefits:

1. Report the loss by calling the Economic Services Line at 1-800-479-6151.

  • If reporting food loss due to flooding: you need to report by August 9th, 2023.
  • If reporting food loss due to power outage of more than 4 hours: you have 10 days from when your power is restored to call ESD.

2. Once you have called and reported the loss, you have an additional 10 days to complete page 1 of Form 271, sign and submit to ESD by Mail: ADPC – Economic Services Division 280 State Drive Waterbury, VT 05671-1500 

- OR - 

Uploading it through the Doc Uploader

  • Here is Form 271  
    • The form will ask you for contact information of someone who is able to verify the loss. You may provide this information, but it is not required at this time because of the statewide declaration of emergency.
    • Note: If you can’t call to report the loss, but have access to the internet or mail, you can just complete, date, and sign Form 271 and submit it directly to Economic Services.

If you have questions, you can call the Benefits Specialist line or connect with one of the following organizations. They are ready to help!

  • Vermont Foodbank: text VFBCHAT to 61222 
  • If you are over 60, call 1-800-642-5119
  • For relay services, dial 7-1-1
  • For interpretation services, dial 1-855-247-3092

Subscribe to Our Newsletter