Program: Family Community Support Services
Job Title: Landlord Liaison
Pay Grade: 3 Last Review Date/Update/Change of Job Description: 7/28/2022
Landlord Liaison will be responsible for working with property owners, landlords, property managers and housing authorities to create housing opportunities for people who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness. They will create, curate, and distribute an updated inventory of available units in Lamoille County on a regular basis. They will assist the Coordinated Entry (CE) partnership (as well as other non- affiliated agencies) in identifying potential units for their clients. They will establish relationships with private landlords, state housing authorities and local housing providers to keep current on unit availability and tenant eligibility requirements and be a source of information to the community. The Liaison position requires excellent diplomacy and judgment, the ability to independently manage both the apartment registry, and community collaborative relationships across all sectors.
- Outreach to and develop relationships with local landlords, property managers and housing authorities. Work to expand community access to affordable units and to provide education and outreach to landlords about programs for tenants such as vouchers, case management supports, funding resources.
- Maintain an inventory of local homeless assistance projects, including the number of beds or subsidies available, open slots or vacancies, and eligibility criteria in order to expedite referrals and assist clients with documentation to support eligibility verification.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge and understanding of housing support systems qualifications, policies, rules and procedures for housing vouchers, funding and support assistance programs.
- Develop and maintain a relationship and collaborative partnership with housing and homeless service providers in order to facilitate and assist households participating in those programs in finding available units.
- Responsible for leading efforts to effectively market voucher programs to new and existing landlords and owners with the goal of expanding the number of units available to families receiving rental assistance.
- Responsible for increasing access to both private and public rental markets for those utilizing vouchers.
- Confer regularly with Coc partners and community stakeholders(s) to plan activities, investigate and resolve problems and exchange information.
- Attend selected community meetings (e.g landlord, realtor, business, town planning, etc.) to represent CoC provider network in Lamoille County and advocate for approved strategies to expand community access to affordable housing.
Other duties as requested
Minimum Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree preferred from an accredited college or university or equivalent education and related work experience.
- Experience with landlord and or rental property management highly desirable
- Ability to work independently with a broad understanding of business, government and community partner interrelationships
- Ability to speak effectively within large and small group settings
- Highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people, groups and organizations in carrying out all assigned job duties.
- Must demonstrate top notch communication and diplomacy skills, organizational, administrative and office skills; good basic negotiating and mediating skills; excellent telephone and interpersonal skills are vital.
- Computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Office Suite; able to enter and retrieve data using computer systems, systems applications, and other office equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and access to reliable transportation and willingness and ability to travel within Lamoille county service area.
DATES OF POSTING: 8/5/2022 – 8/15/2022, thereafter open until filled
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
POSITION: Landlord Liaison
BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: Yes, Union Position (Union dues are currently $19.50 bi-weekly after successful completion of orientation period)
LOCATIONS: Morrisville, Vermont
PROGRAM: Family and Community Support Services
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week
WAGE: $42,000 - $48,000
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
Capstone Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.