Weatherization and Climate Impact Program Assistant
DATES OF POSTING: 4.19.22 – 4.27.22, Open Until Filled
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
POSITION: Weatherization and Climate Impact Program Assistant
BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: Yes
LOCATIONS: Gable Place/Barre, VT
SCHEDULE: Full Time, Regular, 40 hours a week
CLASSIFICATION: Non - Exempt (hourly)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
Program: Weatherization and Climate Impact Pay Grade: 2
Job Title: Weatherization and Climate Impact Program Assistant Last Review Date/Update/Change of Job Description: 04/08/2022
- GENERAL STATEMENT
The Weatherization and Climate Impact Program Assistant is responsible to assist with the daily work of the Climate Impact Programs - 3EThermal, Weatherization, and MileageSmart. This position assures accurate and timely processing of the Department’s transactions, workflow and supports data analysis. The Weatherization and Climate Impact Program Assistant reports to the Weatherization Office/Program Manager and works closely with the clients, Weatherization and Climate Impact Director, Business Manager, 3E Thermal Program Manager, Operations team and vendors.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Receives and follows up on inquiries to the program by phone, mail and walk-ins; maintains excellent relationships with statewide counterparts and partner agencies, and referral sources.
- Corresponds with clients to facilitate eligibility, evaluates client applications, inspects and interprets a variety of source documents, properly identifies, classifies and extracts includable income according to federal and state program guidelines,
- Creates and maintains client files in Hancock software system and 3EThermal database.
- Maintains orderly documentation and files
- Creates and maintains excel spreadsheets to track data and supports analysis.
- Performs quality control checks to office files to ensure completeness and compliance.
- In preparation of annual monitoring, assures that all completed client files include all the necessary and appropriate documentation in accordance with established program guidelines.
- Scans completed client files and maintains digital file storage system and databases.
- Maintains participant confidentiality
- Makes recommendations to improve process and impact outcomes while maintaining program integrity
- OTHER DUTIES
- Represent the Weatherization and Climate Impact Department in AD-HOC Agency Committees
- Assist in organizing events and meetings
- Maintain adequate office supplies
- Maintain professional work environment
- Other Duties as assigned
- Associates degree or equivalent in business administration, financial management, or human services; B.A. or B.S. preferred, minimum of five years related work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of excel, word processing and data base computer operations
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the challenges faced by low-income individuals
- Ability to represent the agency, and to work as part of a team and under direction
- Ability to maintain a positive work environment
- Ability to maintain focus and productivity in an “open office” environment
- Ability to be flexible and to work independently
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles