DATES OF POSTING: 4/11/2021 – indefinitely
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: unlimited
POSITION: Substitute Teachers
BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: No
LOCATIONS: > Lamoille County Integrative Services Center in Morrisville and
The Learning Together Center in Barre
PROGRAM: Head Start
SCHEDULE: On an as needed basis
CLASSIFICATION: Non Exempt (hourly)
WAGE: $13.04 - 15.38/hour
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
Capstone Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Program: Head Start
Job Title: Substitute Teacher Pay Grade: NA
Last Review Date/Update/Change of Job Description: 6/7/16
A. General Statement: Substitute teachers provide Head Start services to children and their families. They are responsible for ensuring the safety of children in the classroom at all times. Substitute teachers are directed by the team manager and/or classroom teachers to ensure curriculum is carried out, positive child guidance is used, and activities are adapted for children with disabilities. The substitute teacher is supervised by the team manager with input from the classroom teachers.
B. Essential Duties
- Work under the supervision of the team manager and the direction of the classroom teacher(s), to help develop and implement classroom curriculum consistent with Head Start Performance Standards; and to adapt program services to the needs of families with a child or member with disabilities.
- Supervise children’s activities both on-site and off-site for safety. Participate in daily center-site maintenance and up-keep, orderly and safe storage of materials, sanitation and cleanliness according to Head Start Performance Standards and state licensing standards.
- Support and implement the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and the Positive Guidance Policy of the program.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Head Start child and family information.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere in which children and their parents feel welcome valued, comfortable, and secure. Represent the program and the agency in a positive and professional manner. Refer all child and/or parent concerns to the classroom teacher or team manager.
- Assist staff and children in family style snack and or meal preparation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Duties as Assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required. Center-based setting preschool or infant/toddler CDA (depending on position) or degree in early childhood education preferred. Head Start knowledge, coursework in early childhood education and/or experience working with young children in a center-based setting strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with young children and adults.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and on occasion up to 60lbs.
- Position involves frequent standing, walking, climbing, stooping/bending, squatting/crouching and possibly sprinting.
- Employees are required to have a physical exam on file as a condition of employment before the first day of employment. The medical form (Capstone Head Start form) will document that a health care provider has assessed the employee’s fitness and suitability for their position.
- Commitment to a flexible work schedule that may include some evening and weekend hours.