Human Resources Generalist
DATES OF POSTING: 9/29/2020 – 10/15/2020, Thereafter Open Until Filled
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
POSITION: Human Resources Generalist
BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: No
LOCATIONS: Gable Place/Barre, VT
PROGRAM: Human Resources
SCHEDULE: Full Time, Regular, 40 hours per week
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
ANNUAL WAGE: $43,000 depending on education and experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
Program: Human Resources
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist Pay Grade:
Last Review Date/Update/Change of Job Description: 9 16 2020
A. General Statement
The Human Resources Generalist has a broad range of responsibilities which includes recruitment, benefit administration, onboarding, training, and labor and policy guidance. All aspects of this positon are conducted in a confidential and professional manner and leads the day to day functions of the Human Resources department. This position is full-time regular working 40 hours per week and is supervised by the Human Resources Manager.
B. Essential Duties
1. Assist program managers in recruitment process, review ads for legality and effectiveness, notifies all staff of job opportunities as well as staff on recall, closes out and maintain files for all recruitment.
2. Obtains applicants through various methods including advertising, job sites, career fairs, referrals and online platforms.
3. Coordinates job fairs within agency service area, markets Capstone’s strengths and opportunities along with wages and benefits.
4. Maintain electronic recruitment folders with applications/resumes received, setup procedure to notify hiring manager and respond to applicant inquiries.
5. Develop and maintaining the hiring manager’s Recruitment Manual and provide training to supervisors.
6. Supervise recruitment functions by Administrative staff.
7. Review and approve self-service benefit data in HRIS software, reconciling issues with employees, run periodic reports for renewals, census, and department requests.
8. Adhere to ACA reporting in HRIS, by assigning and enrolling staff, monitoring employee status changes and eligibility. Reviewing 1095 forms, making required edits, and coordinating with HRIS vendor to ensure timely and accurate IRS reporting.
9. Create reports and gather data from HRIS or other sources on employment, benefits, and recruitment, to track, report, reconcile, or make monthly benefit payments.
10. Monitors, enrolls, and reviews Open Enrollment and Life Event Changes submitted by employees in HRIS for health, dental, life, disability, and voluntary benefit plans. Approves and verifies employee premiums based on payroll related reports.
11. Monitors employee accruals, run monthly reports, makes changes to accrual profiles as needed, prepares adjustments and responds to inquiries.
12. Communicates accrual carryover and exception rules to all staff at fiscal year-end, as well as tracking any exceptions unless the HRIS has the ability to do this function.
Labor and Employee Relations
13. Administers unemployment claims through third-party administrator (TPA) database, ensuring eligibility, reporting wages, and leave payouts, substantiating documentation, and participating in appeals as needed.
14. Administers employee summer and seasonal layoffs, working with program managers to ensure policy and procedure are adhered to, enrolls affected employees in prepaid benefits, and coordinates and tracks benefit payment.
15. Responds to Vermont Department of Labor inquiries and unemployment audits.
16. Respond to employment verifications from internal and external sources in a timely manner.
17. Respond to employee inquiries for data related to employment, wages, and benefits.
18. Prepare and update Employee Orientation Manuals, as well as computerized documents for internet access and HRIS onboarding self-service.
19. Administers bi-weekly orientations to ensure employees receive detailed on-boarding information on agency policies, procedures and benefits.
20. Conduct criminal background checks on staff, volunteers and students, as needed.
21. Maintains HRIS database (e.g. entering new hires, separations, temporary layoffs, and accruals) as well as manual employee files.
C. Other Duties
1. Monitor and maintains employee data for annual staff recognition and rewards.
2. Participates on agency committees, and attends training as needed.
3. Ongoing professional development related to technology, software and required job functions.
4. All other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business administration and or concentration in human resources preferred.
2. One (1) year experience in human resources management.
3. SHRM CP (certified professional) a plus.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Excellent time-management with proven ability to meet deadlines.
6. Must be highly organized with attention to detail.
7. Strong analytical and problem solving skills a must.
8. Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Microsoft Office Suite, demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
9. ADP Payroll, HR, experience preferred.
10. Thorough knowledge of employment related laws and best practices.