DATES OF POSTING: 2.9.22 – 2.18.22, Open until Filled
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
POSITION: Weatherization Heating Technician
BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: No
LOCATIONS: Gable Place/Barre, VT
SCHEDULE: Full Time, Regular, 40 hours a week
CLASSIFICATION: Non - Exempt (hourly)
WAGE: $24 - $26/hour
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
Capstone Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Heating Technician Pay Grade: Non-Exempt Hourly
Last Review Date/Update/Change of Job Description: 2/3/2022
A. General Statement:
The Heating Technician works under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager. They are responsible for completing HVAC work on grant funded and fee for service projects.
B. Essential Functions:
- Complete clean & tunes, system repairs and replacements on all types of heating equipment to include oil, propane.
- Responsible for maintaining and purchasing inventory and tools/equipment.
- Schedule jobs and production based upon program and client needs
- Provide “on the job” training to new and existing staff as part of workforce development
- Maintain current required HVAC certifications as applied in the State of Vermont
- Promote Weatherization Programs and Capstone positively and proactively in the community and at meetings and initiatives.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Weatherization family information.
C. Other duties as assigned.
- Hold all necessary certifications to work on oil, propane.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Commitment to working as part of a team and acceptance of supervision.
- Capacity to work independently, take initiative and communicate with peers and supervisors.
- Reliable, insured car. Valid driver’s license. Clean driving record required.