DATES OF POSTING: 8/31/2021-9/9/2021, OUF
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
POSITION: Education Manager
BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: No
LOCATIONS: Barre, Vermont
PROGRAM: Head Start
SCHEDULE: Full-time Regular
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
Program: Head Star
Job Title: Education Manager Pay Grade:
Last Review Date/Update/Change of Job Description: 8/9/18
- General Statement: This position works under the direction of the Head Start director as part of the interdisciplinary Head Start management team. The education manager has primary responsibility for development, implementation, administration and on-going monitoring of the Head Start and Early Head Start early child development services.
- Essential Functions:
- Supporting Direct Service
- Collaborate with other managers to plan, arrange and/or provide on-going training and technical assistance to managers, staff and parents through staff meetings, periodic observation of home visits, classroom and center observations, parent meetings and parent activities.
- Stay abreast of current themes and issues in child development and serve as a resource to the Head Start program on this material.
- Ensure that team managers and direct service staff access resources that support program philosophy, goals, and practices.
- Participate in professional development and collaborative activities including pre-service and in-service trainings.
- Oversee coaching/mentoring program.
- Serve as a resource for strategies to meet the needs of children with disabilities.
- Responsible for the overall planning, administration and implementation of child development services.
- Prepare written content area plan, School Readiness Plan, practice guidance and other information.
- Monitor and analyze data and outcomes, disseminate the information within the program, and incorporate it as a factor in planning program services.
- Submit budget and written reports as needed for Policy Council and Board approval.
- Oversee budgeting and purchasing systems for ordering of program materials and supplies.
- Collaboration with Partner Entities
- Work with partner entities as needed to streamline services, provide consistent programming, and make/receive appropriate referrals (ex. CIS, LEAs).
- Support and implement the Professional’s Code of Ethical Conduct and the Positive Guidance Policy of the program.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Head Start child and family information.
- Promote Head Start and Capstone positively and proactively in the community.
C. Other Duties as Assigned
- B.A. in early childhood education or another field with equivalent coursework in early childhood education including early education teaching experience. MA, MEd in early education strongly preferred.
- Experience working in Head Start, human or community based services or related programs and experience working with low-income people.
- Familiarity with Head Start preferred. Commitment to Head Start philosophy, goals and program standards required.
- Experience in training individuals and training in group settings.
- Excellent organizational, documentation, record-keeping, verbal and written communication skills. Experience with Microsoft Office and database applications required.
- Ability to establish supportive relationships and open communication with staff, parents and community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to establish collaborative relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Valid driver’s license and insured automobile.