DATES OF POSTING: 7/1/2021-7/9/2021, Open Until Filled
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 2
POSITION: FCSS Community Concierge
BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: Yes, (Union dues are currently $19.06 bi-weekly).
LOCATIONS: 1 in Barre, VT and 1 in Randolph, VT
PROGRAM: Family Community Support Services (FCSS)
SCHEDULE: Full time, 32 hours per week
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Hourly
WAGE: $14.93-$19.20, based on education and experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
POSITION: Capstone Community Concierge Pay Grade: 2
Last Review/Update/Change of Job Description: 06/07/2021
A. General Statement
The Capstone Community Concierge is a full-time, non-exempt position whose primary responsibility is providing the critical “first touch” intake support to Capstone programs. Because applicants often seek Capstone services when in crisis, the CCC must be knowledgeable in areas such as domestic violence, substance misuse, trauma, and adult development, sensitive to issues related to poverty and the barriers faced by people with low incomes, and skilled in triaging in order to quickly identify the issues in an applicant's life that might be addressed by Capstone or other community partners. The Capstone Community Concierge is responsible for ensuring applicants are connected to the appropriate services as soon as possible, providing essential administrative and customer service support needed to ensure the efficient operation of the Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) Department. Duties will include data collection and reporting functions as well as maintaining updated resource and referral information. The FCSS Capstone Community Concierge is an integral member of the Capstone team and reports to the FCSS Associate Director.
B. Essential Functions
- Provide the general public with a positive and welcoming introduction to FCSS and Capstone whether in person or over the phone. Screen clients for level of need and eligibility for services; triage requests for services and schedule applicants and participants for assessments and specialized services. Follow up with applicants after their appointments as needed.
- Possess thorough understanding and familiarity with all essential aspects of agency programs, services, and their eligibility criteria. Build and maintain an extensive knowledge base of local, regional, and state service providers and their offerings.
- Build and maintain an inventory and stock of applications, brochures, and other informational materials. Assist clients in obtaining a variety of services through information, referral, or connection to internal or external partners.
- Act as a site liaison for FCSS and other departments; work collaboratively with Capstone colleagues and community partners.
C. Other Duties
- Regularly use 211 database. Develop and update in-house and external referral lists.
- Participate in FCSS Team activities.
- Report for work punctually and maintain regular and reliable attendance as required by operational needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills, ability to maintain a polite and professional attitude and manner at all times when interacting with others, especially in challenging situations.
- Knowledge of de-escalation procedures highly desirable, as well as flexibility in adapting to unplanned or unexpected circumstances or events.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Associates degree highly desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years working in community-based organization or non-profit organization with a demonstrated knowledge of human services programs and resources.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues relating to poverty.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to effectively communicate with a broad spectrum of abilities and variety of personalities.
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, preferably Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable means of transportation to workplace.