DATES OF POSTING: 9/23/21-9/30/21, OUF
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
POSITION: Center Director
BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: No
LOCATIONS: Barre HS/LTC Brook Street
PROGRAM: Head Start
SCHEDULE: Full Time, 40 hours/week
WAGE: $45,700-$52,600, depending on education and experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
Program: Head Start
Job Title: Center Director
Last Review Date/Update/Change of Job Description: 9/22/21
- General Statement:
The center director is responsible for the on-site supervision of the direct-service staff working out of the local field office(s). The center director oversees the local grant programs and participates as a member of the Head Start management team.
- Essential Functions:
- o Supervise field staff through staff meetings, promoting team development and team maintenance. Meet with staff individually on a monthly basis and as needed in order to provide on-going feedback and follow-up. Ensure on-going case management. Develop personal professional development plans with staff.
- o Evaluate staff through periodic observations of home visits, classrooms, family outings, and parent meetings, as well as periodic review of records, home visit plans, family outing plans and classroom plans.
- o Recruit staff candidates and coordinate hiring committees. Complete hiring packet. Orient new staff.
- o Complete required, 6 month and annual performance assessments
- o Ensure that Head Start content area requirements, childcare licensing requirements, and Capstone Head Start policies are followed in conjunction with content area managers and Head Start consultants.
- o Maintain a complete and up-to-date enrollment file in the database for each child enrolled
- o Ensure following of the written policy requiring the licensee, staff, and auxiliary staff to report suspected child abuse or neglect to the Department of Children and Families as specified in rule 3.3.2 of VT licensing regulations
- o Oversee administrative functions in local office(s). Review and verify contents of monthly reporting packets and ensure that they are delivered on due dates.
- o Ensure full enrollment in assigned areas. Monitor enrollment and recruitment. Ensure that applications are complete and enrollment selections are scheduled as needed. Review monthly enrollment tracking and daily classroom attendance.
- o Manage local grant and state funding programs, including billing, budgets and required program reports.
- o Develop a localized site plan and update as needed.
- o Oversee collaboration(s) with the local supervisory union(s) and early childhood teams and advisory boards as appropriate.
- Other Duties:
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend monthly supervision meetings with the associate director for operations.
- Promote Head Start and Capstone positively and proactively in the community and at meetings and initiatives.
- Qualifications (at minimum):
At least 21 years of age
- Hold a Vermont Early Childhood and Afterschool Program Director Step One OR 3 credits in curriculum and 3 credits in early care and education or in staff supervision related to early care and education
- (Some sites may require a Vermont Early Childhood and Afterschool Program Director Step Two OR successful completion of 3 credit course in curriculum and 9 credits in program management, staff supervision, administration or human resource management)
- Familiarity with and commitment to Head Start philosophy and goals.
• Strong organizational and record-keeping skills.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Ability to establish supportive relationships and open communication with staff and families.
• Willingness to pursue professional development related to program goals, objectives and needs.