Cash Management Accountant
DATES OF POSTING: 12/6/21-12/14/21, Open Until Filled
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
POSITION: Cash Management Accountant
BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: No
LOCATIONS: Barre, VT – Gable Place
SCHEDULE: Full-time, Regular, 40 hours a week
CLASSIFICATION: Non Exempt (hourly)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
Capstone Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Cash Management Accountant Pay Grade: N/A
Last Review Date/Update/Change of Job Description: 11/19/21
A. General Statement:
The Cash Management Accountant is responsible for managing any cash transactions and reconciling the bank accounts as well as managing the accounts receivable system. This position will work closely with other members of the finance department as well as administrative staff and program staff. He/she will report to the Controller.
B. Essential Functions:
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Process, record, and report cash receipts, Accounts Receivable and ACH
- Process HHS drawdowns
- Manage online banking services
- Maintain Abila MIP Accounts Receivable module
- Manage PayPal activity and process credit card transactions.
- Research and follow up on any stale dated checks.
- File Abandoned Property report to the State of Vermont.
- Review batches entered by Accounts Payable Administrator.
- Backup for Accounts Payable process
- Monitor and Report on Cash Flow
- Maintain investment account records
C. Other Duties:
1. Reconcile general ledger investment and accounts receivable accounts
2. Other duties as assigned
Associate’s degree in accounting or a related field. (Experience can be a substitute for education.) Familiarity with State and Federal payroll regulations; 3+ years experience working with computerized payroll systems. Excellent organizational, verbal, and written skills and extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel. Familiarity with ADP payroll system and non-profit accounting is a plus.