Infant Toddler Teaching Assistant
- DATES OF POSTING: 11.18.22-12.01.22, Open Until Filled
- NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 3
- POSITION: Infant Toddler Teaching Assistant
- BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: Yes, Union Position (Union dues are currently $19.50
bi-weekly, after successful completion of orientation period).
- LOCATION: Barre, VT
- PROGRAM: Head Start
- SCHEDULE: Full Time, Regular, 40 hours a week
- CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (hourly)
- WAGE: $15.45 - $17.59
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
Capstone Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Program: Head Start
Job Title: Infant/Toddler Teaching Assistant Pay Grade: 2 Last Review Date/Update/Change of Job Description: 6/25/18
A. General Statement: The teaching assistant works as part of the local field office team and is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the classroom including planning, preparation, implementation and assessment of activities. The teaching assistant is supervised by the team manager and works under the day-to-day direction of the center- based teacher(s).
B. Essential Duties
- Facilitate participation of all children in classroom activities. Assist in providing children with safe, nurturing, individualized environment and the varied experiences, which help them to develop socially, intellectually, emotionally, and physically in a manner appropriate to their age and development.
- Supervise children’s activities both on-site and off-site for safety. Participate in daily center site maintenance and up-keep, orderly and safe storage of materials, sanitation and cleanliness according to state licensing standards.
- Support and implement the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and the Positive Guidance Policy of the program. Maintain confidentiality of all Head Start child and family information.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere in which children and their parents feel welcome valued, comfortable, and secure. Represent the classroom, program and the agency positively and professionally in all interactions with parents and LEA staff. Refer all parent concerns to the classroom teacher or team manager.
- Assist staff and children in family style snack and or meal preparation and with other duties as needed, such as setting up, cleaning and organizing classroom, shopping and preparing learning experiences. Participate in classroom planning and implementation of learning experiences as directed by the classroom teacher and/or team manager.
- Under the guidance of the classroom teacher, assist in adapting program services to the needs of families with a child or member with disabilities. Join the on-going efforts of other providers engaged with the family as requested by the classroom teacher.
- Complete any administrative and/or record keeping duties such as filing, providing supplemental observations, monitoring daily attendance and production of the monthly newsletter as assigned by the classroom teacher.
- Participate in professional development and collaborative activities including staff meetings, pre-service and monthly in-service training as requested by team manager. Attend basic staffing teams, IEP meetings, etc. as directed by the classroom teacher. Meet with team manager as scheduled to review professional development. Develop an individual professional development plan annually. Promote Head Start and Capstone positively and proactively within the collaborative setting and in the community.
C. Other Duties as Assigned
- Minimum of center-based, infant- toddler setting CDA or enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within two years of hire. Willingness to enroll in a program that will lead to an associate or baccalaureate degree in early childhood education or child development. Experience strongly preferred.
- Desire to work with children and adults.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with infants and toddlers preferred, especially in conjunction with Head Start.
- Must be able to evacuate infants and toddlers from the building in a timely, efficient manner.
- Must be able to assist toddlers in navigating stairs, playground equipment and changing tables. Must be able to quickly catch up to a fleeing toddler.
Location: Barre, VT