Last Review Date/Update/Change of Job Description: 2/3/2022
The Heating Technician works under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager. They are responsible for completing HVAC work on grant funded and fee for service projects.
- Complete clean & tunes, system repairs and replacements on all types of heating equipment to include oil, propane.
- Responsible for maintaining and purchasing inventory and tools/equipment.
- Schedule jobs and production based upon program and client needs
- Provide “on the job” training to new and existing staff as part of workforce development
- Maintain current required HVAC certifications as applied in the State of Vermont
- Promote Weatherization Programs and Capstone positively and proactively in the community and at meetings and initiatives.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Weatherization family information.
Other duties as assigned
- Hold all necessary certifications to work on oil, propane.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Commitment to working as part of a team and acceptance of supervision.
- Capacity to work independently, take initiative and communicate with peers and supervisors.
- Reliable, insured car. Valid driver’s license. Clean driving record required.
- DATES OF POSTING: 2.9.22 – 2.18.22, Open until Filled
- NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
- POSITION: Weatherization Heating Technician
- BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: No
- LOCATIONS: Gable Place/Barre, VT
- PROGRAM: Weatherization
- SCHEDULE: Full Time, Regular, 40 hours a week
- CLASSIFICATION: Non - Exempt (hourly)
- WAGE: $24 - $26/hour
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Capstone Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org