Disaster Case Management Program Data Manager
- DATES OF POSTING: 10.17.23 – 10.23.23, Open Until Filled
- NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
- POSITION: Disaster Case Management Program Data Manager
- BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: No
- LOCATION: Orange, Washington, Lamoille, Caledonia, and Orleans Counties
- PROGRAM: Family Community Support Services
- SCHEDULE: Full Time; 2-year program
- CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
- WAGE: $52,000 - $65,000
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
Capstone Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
- Program: Family Community Support Services (FCSS)
- Job Title: Disaster Case Management Program Data Manager
- Last Review Date/Update/Change of Job Description: 10/12/2023
- Salary Range: $52,000 – $65,000
A. General Description:
The Data Manager is a full-time exempt position whose primary duties are administrative, data management, quality control and reporting functions for the Disaster Case Management program. The Data Manager reports to the DCM Program Manager.
B. Essential Functions:
- Manage data and related processes for the Disaster Case Management program. The Data Manager will utilize the case management database selected by the funder. Manage the client management information systems for the department with a goal to reducing duplication of effort and focus scarce staff resources on client needs. Identify, gather and report key data that can be used to analyze the performance of the DCM program and services.
- Monitor the database to ensure provider level compliance with implementation. Provide training to management and provider level staff. Provide quality assurance monitoring for Capstone Community Action and subcontracted providers.
- Prepare statistical reports for DCM Program Manager and other DCM or Capstone Community Action leadership.
- Organize DCM department resources through internal online portals to ensure that consistent program operations occur in all offices.
- Provide data and statistical support to the program evaluator, the funding organization, and Capstone Community Action leadership. Respond to requests for statistics for leadership for advocacy work.
- Represents Capstone Community Action in a variety of contexts and to various publics. Develop and increase awareness of issues impacting people with low incomes. Maintains positive program relations with the broader community including the media, other non-profit or state or federal agencies, and appropriate private sector businesses and organizations.
C. Other Duties:
- Attends various trainings and meetings of different organizations as requested or as needed to achieve the goals of the Disaster Recovery Program and/or the agency.
- Promotes the Disaster Recovery Program, and Capstone Community Action and its other services, through presentations, networking, and the day-to-day work in the communities being served.
- Fosters a positive public image and perception pertaining to the experience of people dealing with hardships and working their way through crises.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent in computer science or business management preferred plus four years’ experience with client management databases (reporting, importing or exporting data).
- Experience interpreting and applying complex rules or regulations is required.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Working knowledge of MS Office software including Excel, Access, and Word is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of disaster case management. Demonstrated knowledge of human services, domestic violence issues, adult development, and the education and human service networks in Vermont. Demonstrated sensitivity to issues related to poverty and the barriers faced by people with low incomes.
- Willingness to travel throughout the state and to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
- A home telephone, reliable insured transportation, and a valid VT driver’s license are required.