Capstone Community Action, Inc. is seeking a professional Data Manager. This newly created position will design systems to streamline data collection and reporting, oversee data quality and be part of implementing a data culture.
Capstone is responsible for timely report out on who we serve, how we serve our clients and when we serve them to multiple, diverse funding sources. The right person will have the ability to understand these changing needs and craft effective and efficient systems to meet these needs.
The essential functions for the Data Manager are reporting of data and progress on action plans and Goals, developing systems to track and report out programmatic and contract outcomes, supporting the grant application process with data and oversight, supporting agency strategic planning and supporting internal and external communications with data and analysis.
Essential Skills for a data manager include familiarity with data warehousing, SQL, report writer tools (Microsoft Report Writer / Power BI), advance excel functionality (Power Query, DAX) and Share Point. They must be able to communicate technical details to non-technical staff, be analytic and strategic in their planning.
Does this sound like you? You can find more details about Capstone, the formal job description and details on how to apply below:
- DATES OF POSTING: 4.20.23 – 4.28.23, opened until filled
- NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
- POSITION: Data Manager
- BARGAINING UNIT POSITION: No
- LOCATION(S): Gable Place, Barre, Vermont
- PROGRAM: Administration
- SCHEDULE: Full-time regular/40 hours per week
- CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (hourly)
- WAGE: $28.84
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Job Description
Capstone Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program: Administration
- Reports To: Chief of Programs & Advancement (COPA)
- Job Title: Data Manager
- Pay Grade: $60,000 (non-exempt $28.00 per hour range)
- Last Review Date/Update/Change of Job Description: February 8, 2023
The Data Manager supports data compliance and attainment of programmatic and contractual outcomes across all Capstone programs. Supports database development and produces routine and new reporting as required for operations, grants and supports tracking and achievement of strategic planning and grant goals in a ROMA driven environment.
- Reporting of Data and Progress on Action Plans and Goals
- Part of a team identifying indicators to meet Strategic Goals
- Works with Senior Management / Board to identify, form and frequency of reporting of indicators, Works with Program Managers to identify how their work integrates with indicators defined by Board and how to capture the data accurately, timely and efficiently.
- Programmatic and Contract Outcomes
- With Program Managers, Reviews reporting requirements of Grants and Contracts to best determine how to efficiently and effectively capture and report out required information.
- Support Grant applications
- Prepares historical reports and information needed to prepare grant applications
- Works with grant writers and programs to determine where and how information will be generated/collected for grant proposals.
- Is a resource to mine external information
- Planning Support
- Works with Senior Management, Development, Program Directors to evaluate impact of programmatic changes on meeting expectations in Grant, Contract and Strategic Plan.
- Data selection and implementation
- Support Internal and External communication with data and analysis.
- Oversee Agency Client Management Systems (including GoEngage CAP, Head Start)
- Vendor Relationship: Manages relationship with software vendors.
- Program upgrades, updates, customizations, reporting needs.
- Evaluates, Documents and Trains on the best way to use Client Management Systems to meet reporting needs, streamlined operations, data quality
- Establishes, monitors and maintains set up data systems
- To assure accurate and timely reporting
- To make the system as easy to use as possible
- Reduce/eliminate redundancy
- Works with Programs to create systems to assure data quality and timeliness
- Establish data checks/ verifications
- Evaluates data – seeks clarification and corrections
- Certifies accuracy of data Monthly/quarterly/annually
- Prepares canned and custom reports
- Reviews proposals and awards to assure programmatic reporting is in place (Grants and Contracts)
- Meets with programs to evaluate and update data entry procedures.
- Meets with Program Directors, Managers and Funders to assure reporting needs and definitions are in place.
- Evaluates business processes to identify opportunities where automation may streamline routine and clerical processes
- Design, implement, maintain responsive reporting systems
- Design and report out periodic outcome and status reports for Development and Program managers for internal and external use
- Ability to effectively communicate technical details to non-technical managers
- Analytical, strategic Thinker
- Ability to visualize and present analytical data in an organized, graphically pleasing and clear manner
- Current on software technology, methods and trends
- Software Technical ability including
- Advanced Excel skills
- Data consolidation
- Pivot Tables
- Report Formatting
- Excel formulas
- Data consolidation
- Able to design and write SQL queries in an existing database
- Power BI
- Microsoft Report Writer
- Commitment to social justice a must.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to be flexible with tasks and projects, work as part of a team, and under direction.
- Occasional work outside of regular office hours may be required.
Location: Barre, VT